Fred-frost.com

Is this safe to join?

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out regarding fred-frost.com. Although we haven’t personally tried the platform, we’ve done some research and found a few concerns worth sharing.

Based on various reviews and feedback, Fred Frost’s trading service has been labeled as questionable by multiple sources. Many users have reported financial losses after using his trade signals, which often appear to be delayed or ineffective. Additionally, Fred seems to make money primarily through affiliate commissions by referring clients to specific brokers, rather than through successful trading​.

Another concern is that Fred Frost isn’t regulated by any recognized financial authority, which raises doubts about the platform’s credibility. Furthermore, while some reviews are positive, a number of them seem to be manipulated, with fake or paid-for reviews appearing on sites like Trustpilot​.

While we haven’t used the platform ourselves, based on what we’ve uncovered, we’d recommend to avoid using it. If you’re looking for reliable trading platforms, it’s best to choose services regulated by reputable financial bodies. You can find them here: https://brokerchooser.com/broker-reviews.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Andris

Hi, and thank you for your response.

At Fred’s, you get an affiliate link to, for example, Vantage, so that he gets paid for me using this broker. I’m mostly worried about identity theft and don’t know how affiliate links with brokers work. I understand that you can lose money by following others’ trading tips. At the same time, I’m looking to learn trading.

Is it safe to use an affiliate link with a broker?

Hey,

First of all, Vantage is a trustworthy broker. It is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for Australian clients and by the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) for clients from other countries. It also has regulation by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which offers client protection through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for certain clients.

Secondly, affiliate links in general are safe as well. In affiliate marketing the broker rewards individuals (such as Fred Frost) for driving traffic or investors like you to their website through the affiliate’s marketing efforts. This is common practice. What you have to watch out for is whether the broker who pays him is safe. I was concerned that Fred Frost would recommend you an unregulated scam broker. However, considering that Vantage is legit and trustworthy, the affiliate link should be safe.

Just keep in mind that there’s a serious conflict of interest. His incentive is to gain new clients and not to increase the wealth of people who already signed up at a broker using his affiliate link. For this reason, he might not be offering the best investment advice. Personally speaking, I would avoid using individuals such as Fred Frost.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Andris