Broker supporting EUR account with EUR stocks, managed from US (1099) ?

we’ve been an Interactive Brokers customer for 5 years. We have 3 joint accounts. Despite security updates, IB is still unable to provide access to my wife.

we have 2 accounts opened in the USA (with the 1099s that go with it), 1 on the US market and 1 on the EUR market.

My banker tells me that only Interactive Brokers can manage a EUR account with EUR shares, from the USA (i.e. with the appropriate 1099 generation).

Is this true?
What about other platforms?

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Yes, Interactive Brokers can manage EUR accounts with EUR shares from the USA and generate the appropriate 1099 forms for US tax purposes. While many global brokers available in the USA can handle multi-currency accounts, not all of them provide access to real EUR shares—some might only offer them through CFDs.

However, there are a few platforms like Zacks Trade that do provide access to real EUR shares and handle multi-currency accounts effectively.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Andris

Hello Andris,

my question is not about Interactive Brokers.
I’m looking for another broker.

We’ve 3 joint accounts with Interactive Brokers, but my wife cannot get access to them since Interactive Brokers allows only the "Primary Holder"to access the account. It’s silly since it’s a joint account but, after 2 months, IB support team told us both holders CANNOT have access to the joint accounts. IB autorises only 1 access linked to 1 phone.

So, it’s why I’m looking for an another broker, which give access to both holders to their joint accounts.

Best wishes.