By joining the community, you agree to follow and be bound by the following Acceptable Use Policy:
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload, contribute, post and/or share data, information, material, opinion and/or content on our Website, make contact with other users on or via our Website, link to our Website, or interact with our Website or other users in any other way.
You may link to the homepage of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in a way that suggests association, approval or endorsement on our part, if not exists. We may withdraw your permission to link at any time.
You may not use our Website or any of our products, services and/or features available on our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In any way that is not fair and/or damage BrokerChooser’s reputation or take advantage of it.
- To attempt to copy our data in order to reverse engineer any of our processes and/or any of our professional or proprietary methodologies.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (as specified below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To impersonate any person or entity, to claim false affiliations, to access the accounts of other users without permission, or to falsify your identity or any information about you, including age or date of birth.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, timebombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To upload terrorist content.
You also expressly agree:
Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our General Terms and Conditions.
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
any part of our Website;
any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
any software used in the provision of our Website; or
any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may provide interactive services on our Website including but not limited to chat rooms, bulletin boards, commenting, community forums etc.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise. We do not store terrorist content.
These content standards apply to any and all information, data, opinion, contribution, content and/or other material which you upload, post, contribute and/or share on or via our Website (hereinafter together referred to as ‘Contribution’), and to any interactive service associated with it.
The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The content standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
BrokerChooser will determine, in its absolute discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Malta and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be unfair and/or damaging to BrokerChooser’s reputation in any way.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from BrokerChooser, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of these Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our Website and/or our products, services or any other features of the Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.